All prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Is a US resident and enrolled in classes at GKF’s partner school
- Is currently enrolled in 5th grade and on track to be promoted to the 6th grade
- Is classified as an economical disadvantage youth as defined by the Federal Government (a family whose gross income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines)
- Is eligible for benefits funded by Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF),
- Must attend an Annul STEM FAIR.
- Must maintain a monthly attendance of average of 95%.
Additionally, applicants must meet one of the at-risk criteria outlined below:
- Be placed under foster care or has received services six (6) months prior to the application period
- Be deemed eligible for public housing assistance
- Be covered under the state’s Child Welfare Waiver Demonstration project
- Must have an immediate family has who is incarcerated